Earth Day 2024 will be a celebration of the earth and a place to inspire our community to preserve its health and well-being for our children and future generations.
This year's theme, "Planet vs. Plastic," is a call to action to increase awareness of the health risks of plastic and advocate for a reduction in plastic pollution. With the ongoing climate crisis, we also recognize the value of continuing to inform residents about its effects on our community and how to adapt to the changing conditions.
During this event, we want to help residents understand the impacts of plastic pollution and provide the resources they can use to phase out single-use plastics. We also would like to share with participants the actions they can take to reduce their carbon footprint and be more resilient to climate change.
Our vision is that attendees will leave the event inspired with the information, tools, and resources of how they can adapt their their everyday actions to reduce their use of plastic, reduce their carbon footprint, and become more resilient to the climate crisis.
At the event, local organizations will offer:
- bilingual education and activities
- resources for families addressing different aspects of climate change, climate resilience, and reducing their use of single-use plastic
Attendees will have an opportunity to:
- Participate in games and activities relating to climate action and climate solutions
- Learn about local resources to reduce their carbon footprint and become more resilient to climate change
- Be inspired to take part in our local efforts to make Watsonville more resilient to climate change
Open to everyone & free
This event is family-friendly and free of charge. To keep everybody safe, please do not come if you are feeling sick. Otherwise, we hope to see you there!
How to apply for a booth at the event
Parties interested in having a booth at this event should complete this form and submit it by Friday, February 23rd, 2024. Someone from the Earth Day Planning Committee will reach out within 2 weeks to inform you of the status of your application. Vending nor fundraising is not allowed at this event, except for the pre-selected, pre-approved food vendors.
- How can I participate in Earth Day 2024?
- Are there special requirements to participate in Earth Day 2024?
- Can I participate in Earth Day 2024 if I am a vendor/business?
- I have participated in Earth Day in the past, will I be automatically invited back?
- Why did the format of Earth Day change?
- Can I participate in Earth Day if my organization has no correlation to climate change or climate action?