Get a Library Card
Get a Library Card - It's Free!Your library card is your key to full library services. Your card allows you to borrow books, videos, and other materials and take them home. It also allows you access to the library's public computers and to your library account.
How to Obtain an Online Access Library CardDon't have a library card yet, but want to access resources from home? You can now apply for a library card online and get login information so you can read, stream music & movies, and learn from home.
1. Fill Out the Online Library Card Application
2. Library staff will contact you to confirm information within 24 hours (except during weekend or Holidays)
3. Staff will provide you with your library card number and pin number
4. Pick up the physical library card within six months of the account being created (you will be asked to show ID and proof of address at that time)
How to Obtain a Library Card
- Be a California resident.
- Bring a Photo ID, such as a California Driver's License, Matricula, Passport, or Green Card.
- Bring Proof of your Current Address in California, such as a California Driver's License, phone or water bill, or piece of postmarked mail.
- If you can show a photo ID but not proof of your current address, the card will be mailed to you and you will be able to borrow 1 item until you receive your card.
- For Teens under 18: Bring your School picture ID and proof of your address. If you can show a photo ID but do not have proof of your current address, the card will mailed to you and you will be able to borrow 1 item until you receive your card.
- For Children under 12: A parent or legal guardian must be present to provide identification, proof of current address and to agree to the borrowing rules. Children must be 4 years old to receive a library card.
There Are Two Ways to Apply
- Apply Online
- Print out an application and bring it to the Main Library or the Freedom Branch Library.
How to Replace a Lost Library Card
- Report the lost card to the library right away. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Bring a Photo ID.
- The cost to replace your library card is $2.
What Your Library Card Gets You
- Check out books, movies, music, and more at either the Main Library or Freedom Branch.
- Use your Library Account online to:
- Renew checked out items.
- Place requests for items.
- Set up Reading History - to save a list of everything you have checked out (only visible to you).
- Get email alerts before items are due.
- Download popular eBooks, eAudioBooks, and eMusic from home.
- Use the Library's online research resources from home.
- Use the library's computers or study rooms.