To Start Garbage Services
To start utility services including garbage call (831) 768-3455.
Customers who need garbage services can order a container by calling customer service (831) 768-3133.
General Collection Guidelines
- Cart wheels should touch the curb and handles facing your house.
- Leave 3 feet of clearance on all sides of your carts (signs, poles, cars, etc.).
- Set your cart out the night before. Garbage and recycling service starts at 4:30 a.m.
Container Sizes & Options
The city charges less for smaller garbage cans but there is no charge for exchanging your cart sizes. However, please be aware that fees vary per cart size. In addition, a 95 gallon recycling cart is also provided to each household at no additional charge. (The more you recycle, the smaller the garbage cart you will need, and the less you will pay.)
Choose the size of container that is right for you:
- 32 Gallon Cart-Equal to 1 can
- 68 Gallon Cart - Equal to 2 cans
- 95 Gallon Cart - Equal to 3 cans
We Can Help
Report a problem - missed service, illegal dumping, container repair, or general questions? Call Customer Service 831-768-3133 or visit the Customer Service page.
- When will this ordinance go into effect?
- What types of compostables food-service ware products are accepted?
- What food-service ware products are not allowed?
- Where can businesses purchase acceptable compostable foodware in Watsonville?
- Does this ordinance apply to food trucks, farmers’ markets, or events
- Where should compostable packaging be disposed of?
- Should I throw compostable foodservice ware into the food scrap, recycling, or trash bin for disposal?
- Where does the $0.10 customer charge for a disposable cup go?
- Why will businesses be charging a $0.10 customer charge for disposable cups?
- Does the City get any money for the customer cup charge?