How do I know if I have a violation on my property?
Code Enforcement has many methods of initiating contact. The standard Enforcement tool is the “Notice of Violation.” This is a printed or hand written hard copy document that lists general common violations and detailed required corrective actions to resolve the complaint. The Code Enforcement Officer may add more detailed descriptions of the violation, or describe other violations not listed on the form.

In most cases, Code Enforcement Officers will try to make contact with occupants by knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell. If there is no answer at the door, the Notice is left in a conspicuous place. The same Notice will also be mailed to the property owner of record.

For more information, visit the Code Enforcement page.

Show All Answers

1. How may I file a complaint?
2. Are complainants required to identify themselves?
3. How do I know if I have a violation on my property?
4. What happens if I have a violation?
5. What are common violations that occur within the City?
6. What can I do if I get a notice and do not understand what the violation is?