I would like to build a fence. What are the allowances and limitations?

Fencing is not required in residential zoning districts but may be required in non-residential zoning districts. Review Part 14 (Fence Permits) of Chapter 14-12 (Zoning Permits) for Watsonville Municipal Code standards for fencing, including required setback from property lines, maximum height, and types of material allowed. Pursuant to Section 14-12.1400 and Section 14-32.020, and a Fence Permit is required for all fences constructed within the City of Watsonville in accordance with the design standards in Chapter 14-32 (Fences). A building permit is required for all fences greater than seven feet in height (where allowed).

Show All Answers

1. Can I make an appointment with a Planner?
2. Where can I find information about the city's current General Plan?
3. Where can I find a map of the Zoning Districts for the city?
4. Where can I find Zoning information such as permitted uses?
5. What is a Zoning Clearance?
6. Why does the City require a Zoning Clearance?
7. Can I apply for a Business License concurrently with a Zoning Clearance?
8. Can I operate a food truck in Watsonville?
9. What is an Assessor Parcel Number and how do I determine mine?
10. I would like to build a fence. What are the allowances and limitations?
11. I intend to conduct business from my home.  What is a Home Occupation Permit?
12. How can I obtain feedback on a development proposal prior to submitting an application?
13. I see a development posting sign at a property near my home or in an area of interest to me. Can I see the plans or comment on the proposed construction?
14. What permits do I need for a new or replacement sign?
15. Do I need a permit to put up a banner?
16. What is density?
17. What is Floor Area Ratio (FAR)?