Weed Abatement / Burn Days

Weed Abatement

To report areas with overgrown weeds/shrubs that are potential fire hazards within City limits contact the Community Development Department.

Open Burns

Open burns (vegetation and weeds) are not permitted within the City limits. If you live outside the City limits, please contact the fire agency for your jurisdiction. If you are unsure of who the responding agency is, call us at 768-3200. We will ask for your address to determine who the responding agency is for your location.

Burn Days

For those living outside City limits, call the Burn Day Status number at 800-225-2876 to determine if it is a burn day. Be sure to contact your responding fire agency as they may require that you obtain a burn permit.

Additional Information

For more information on open burns, visit the Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District website.