The Summer in the City program is a partnership between the City of Watsonville, Pajaro Valley Unified School District and Cabrillo College to provide current and incoming high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to gain career readiness skills, foster interest in leadership and civic matters, and create a voice for youth to address real city issues. We will select a total of 40 students to participate in the program. Students must be enrolled at Watsonville High, Pajaro Valley High or Aptos High to participate.
- The programs runs from June 12, 2023-July 14, 2023, (Monday – Friday) from 8:30 am.-12:00 p.m. (classroom instruction) & 1:00-4:00 p.m. (department internship)
- Students will receive a $1,000 stipend at program completion
- Students will earn 10 elective credits at program completion
- Students will also earn 1 college credit unit from Cabrillo College
- Transportation to field trips and lunch will be provided
- Internship opportunities are available within a city department or with the Pajaro Valley Unified School District
- The 2023 Summer at City Hall program application is available now. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5 pm.
- The following questions will be asked on the application:
i. How will this opportunity help prepare you for the future?
ii. What are you looking forward to most about participating in this internship?
iii. Why would you be a good candidate for the program?
C. Copy of school issued identification card
D. Enrollment at PVUSD High Schools will be verified. Applications and additional requested information must be completed online.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. For more information about this incredible opportunity, please contact Elizabeth Padilla via email or call 831-768-3018.