Mello Center Joint Powers Authority
Agendas & Minutes
For those seeing Calendar View below, click on the meeting date to access meeting files.
To access the agenda packet, click on the Agenda (PDF) link and download the agenda packet. Once saved, you will be able to access the document bookmarks.
To access the web version of the agenda, click on Agenda (HTML). This will open an agenda with hyperlinks you may click on to view attachments. You may also comment on an item by clicking on the item title and clicking on the Leave Comment button appearing on small window with the attachments list. You will be prompted to enter your contact information and comments for the item.
City of Watsonville Representatives:
- Ari Parker, City Council Member - District 7 – Vice Chair (Term ends May 2023)
- Lowell Hurst, City Council Member - District 3 (Term ends May 2022)
- Cindy Czerwin, Administrative Services Director (Term ends May 2022)
Pájaro Valley Unified School District Representatives:
- Daniel Dodge Jr., Trustee Area IV - Chair (Term ends May 2023)
- Clara Fernandez, Watsonville High School Principal (Term ends May 2023)
- Gary Webb, Director of Maintenance and Operations – Secretary/Treasurer (Term ends May 2022)
The JPA is established for the purposes of administering this Agreement, pursuant to the joint exercise of powers provisions of the Government Code; performing all functions necessary for the operation and maintenance of the Center; providing a forum for the development and implementation of mutually beneficial methods of accomplishing these purposes.
The functions of the JPA are:
- To provide oversight of scheduling, management, operations, maintenance and all other aspects of successfully providing a facility for the use of the community during times when the Center is not required for School District purposes;
- To enter into contracts.
- To procure insurance in the form and amount, to be determined by the Board of Directors
- To acquire, hold, and dispose of property, real and personal, by any means, to employ personnel all for the accomplishment purposes of this Agreement.
- To incur debts, liabilities, and obligations necessary to accomplish the purposes of this Agreement.
- To receive gifts, contributions, and donations of property, funds, services, and other forms of assistance from any lawful source including but not limited to person, firms, associations, corporations and governmental entities.
- To invest surplus funds as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
- To sue and be sued in the name of the JPA.
- To perform such other functions as may be necessary or appropriate to carry out the Agreement, so long as other functions so performed are not prohibited by any provision of law.