Study & Meeting Rooms
Study Rooms at the Main Library
Meeting Rooms at the Main Library
The Watsonville Public Library's meeting/conference rooms may be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for meetings of community groups and events of an informational, educational or cultural nature.
Our rooms are located on the 2nd floor of the library.
- Robert & Elayne Stein Meeting Room - 78 people (chairs only)
- 48 people (tables and chairs)
- Includes chairs, tables, kitchenette, and AV system (Wi-Fi, audio, etc.) The Projector uses VGA connection. We
have an HDMI converter, but we cannot guarantee compatibility with all laptops. Please bring a VGA to
HDMI converter that you have tested and installed on your laptop as a back-up.
- George Ow, Jr. Conference Room - 10 people
- Includes a white board, 10 chairs and a conference table (no AV hookups)
Study Rooms cannot be reserved in advance.
Meetings/events may be held during the following hours:
- Monday - Thursday - 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday - 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- *Rooms are not available before business hours
Meetings and programs must be of a not-for-profit nature. The following uses are expressly prohibited in the rooms: buying, selling, advertising or trading products or services for cash or other consideration. Refreshments may be served in the Robert & Elayne Stein Meeting Room Only with approval*.
There is no charge for the use of the rooms. All library Rules of Conduct (PDF) regarding food and drink, cell phone use, smoking etc. apply to the users of the room**.
At the close of your meeting you must leave the room, including the furniture, as you found it. Please leave time at the end of your event to arrange the room and clean up trash, etc.
The Library's Administrative Assistant keeps the calendar for the room. All applications must be submitted at least a month in advance of requested meeting date by mail or via the Application for Use of the Library Meeting / Conference Room form. Please call the Administrative Assistant at 831-768-3406 to schedule an appointment to view the room before your scheduled meeting.
- If your event will be catered, arrangements need to be made in advance to use the library's loading bay.
- When bringing hors d'oeuvres and refreshments through the library remember to be discreet.
All food and drinks must remain in the Robert & Elayne Stein Meeting Room.
- No Smoking
- No food and drink in the library
The parking rates are as follows:
- First two hours are free.
- If you will be remaining in the library for more than 2 hours, you must purchase a $5 all day parking permit from the parking permit machines located on level 2 of the parking garage by the elevators.
It will be your responsibility to remind your attendees of the rates. The library cannot waive parking fees.
Adopted by Library Board 2009 3, 19; Revised by Library Board 2010-06-17