What Should You Do After a Flood?

  • Listen to the radio for emergency instructions.
  • Avoid driving if possible.

Follow Established Procedures for Property Damage Repairs

Select a contractor who is licensed in his trade. Verify that contractors are licensed before signing or agreeing to any repair contracts. It is also recommended that you verify certification of liability and workman's compensation insurance. Complaints against licensed contractors may be referred to the appropriate licensing agency.

Require your contractors to obtain the proper permits for work being performed. Permits are required for any permanent improvement (including roofing, siding, additions, alterations, etc.) to a structure and for site work such as grading, filling, etc. Permits are required even if a homeowner is doing the work himself.


Questions about permits or contractor licensing may be addressed to the City of Watsonville Community Development Department at 831-768-3050.