Solid Waste Division
Our Solid Waste Division
Staff collects garbage and recyclables from over 11,000 homes and businesses each week. Watsonville was one of the first cities in the region to initiate automated garbage collection, which greatly increased efficiency and reduced workplace injuries. Watsonville was also one of the first cities in the nation to implement the collection of mixed recyclable materials, which provided a more customer-friendly service and resulted in higher recycling rates.
Find out more about these and other services by exploring the different areas of the Division's Website. These are some of the topics you will find:
- Bulk Waste
- Yard Waste
- Container Sizes and Fees
- Construction and Demolition
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Residential Food Scrap Collection
- Compost Give-Back Program
- Business Food Scrap Collection
- Sharps and Needle Disposal
- Waste & Recycling Center FAQs
- Solid Waste (garbage) Rates 2023-24
If you are unable to find an answer to your question, please call the Solid Waste Division at 831-768-3133 for additional assistance.
Please help keep our City clean and green by making recycling a priority at home, at work and at play!